Skills & Talents
Links & Resources
Facts & Trends
Insurance: Links & Resources
Career Information, Company Profiles and Contacts
- Background on Insurance Underwriting Careers
- From CollegeGrad.com
- Opportunities in Insurance Careers
- By Robert Schrayer.
- Career Opportunities in Banking, Finance and Insurance
- By Thomas Fitch
- Vault Guide to the Top Insurance Employers
- Provides specific information on what it is like to work in each company.
- So you want to be an insurance agent
- By Jeffrey Hastings
- Careers in Insurance and Risk Management - 2009
- From Wetfeet Press
- 10 Steps to Success: A Commonsense Guide to Building a Successful Insurance Business
- By Daniel Fowler
- Insurance Commander: How to Sell Property and Casualty Business Insurance
- By Baxter Dunbar
- Dictionary of Insurance Terms
- By Baxter Dunbar
- Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram
- By Bisys
- Insurance for Dummies
- Principles of Risk Management and Insurance
- By George Rejda
- A. M. Best Co
- Covers life, health and property-casualty insurance companies. Gives
extensive background and ratings of insurance companies. Not a bad place to learn who's who in the business.
- ACLI Directory
- Produced by the American Council of Life Insurance,
(202) 6l2-2000. Lists life insurers in the United States.
- American Academy of Actuaries
- 1720 I Street, NW,
7th Floor, Washington DC 20006. Can provide you with facts about actuarial careers.
American Society of Pension Actuaries, 4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 820, Arlington, VA
22203. Can provide you with facts about a good job info
as an actuary.
- Insurance Information Institute
- A very comprehensive site for the industry.
- National Association of
- An important regulatory body. Helps set limits on risk-taking on the asset side for insurance
- National Association of Professional Insurance Agents
- Serves Independent Brokers
- Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS).
main society for risk managers. Check out their Roster of Membership. Call (212) 286-9292.
Provides list of risk managers. Good for a job search in
Magazines and Newspapers (Online and Off)
- Insurance News Network
- A key online source of information about the insurance industry.
- Insurance Journal
- A leading online journal covering the industry.
- National Underwriter
- Wall Street Journal.
- The most widely read business periodical in the world. And it's on the net! You must register for the net
version. Great way to keep up with what's going on in the markets and the world. Following
tombstones and ads is also a good way to see which banks are involved in what types of
activity this year. You may also be interested in Careers.wsj.com.