Skills & Talents
Links & Resources
Facts & Trends
Links and Resources
About Corporate Finance Careers
- Resumes for Banking and Financial Careers
in Financial Careers
- By Michael Sumichrast and Frederick Burkhardt, VGM
Career Horizons. Covers the gamut of finance careers with a nice discussion of why
corporate finance is an interesting area.
- The Harvard Business School Guide to Careers in Finance
- Covers opportunities in corporate finance.
- Career Path: Corporate Finance
- Steps for developing a corporate finance career. Courtesy of the University of Michigan.
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
- By Ross, Westerfield and Jordan. The leading undergraduate textbook in corporate finance.
- The Complete CFO Handbook: From Accounting to Accountability
- By Fabozzi, Drake and Polimeni.
- The New CFO Financial Leadership Manual
- By Steven Bragg.
- Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies
- by McKinsey and Company
- A classic that should be in the cube of every analyst and associate on the Street.
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Intelligence: A Manager's Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean
- Applied Mergers and Acquisitions
- by Robert F. Bruner and Joseph Perella
- Understanding Wall Street
- by Jeffrey Little
- Capital Ideas Evolving
- By Peter Bernstein.
- A lucid explanation of the modern theory of finance, the people behind it and the attacks that have arisen in recent years.
- The Vest Pocket CFO
- By Jae Shim.
- Reinventing the CFO: How Financial Managers Can Transform Their Roles and Add Greater Value
- By Jeremy Hope
- Handbook of Corporate Finance
- By Espen Eckbo
- Strategic Corporate Finance: Applications in Valuation and Capital Structure
- By Justin Pettit
- Corporate Risk Management
- By Donald H. Chew
- Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco
- By Bryan Burrough and John Helyar, Harper Collins
Books, 1993. Describes the rather crazy life of one corporate executive. Lots of juicy
personality conflict. If you liked the movie you will definitely enjoy the book.
- Overview of Corporate Finance from QuickMBA
Career Links and Positions
Magazines and Newspapers
- Corporate Finance Journal
- Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
- Regularly features articles on leading edge topics in corporate finance. Written for practitioners.
- Corporate Finance Articles from McKinsey
- A number of timely and educational articles.
- Wall Street Journal.
- The most widely read business periodical in the world. You may also be interested in
Careers.wsj.com which frequently lists corporate finance positions.
- CFO Magazine
- Magazine addressed to senior financial executives covers a wide
variety of issues in corporate finance. Good place to start learning about this career area.
- Corporate Cashflow
- Industry magazine covering treasury operations. (404) 256-9800.
- Widely read weekly covers world of investment banking, politics and art quite
well. You have to read this if you plan to go into the field.
- Financial Management
- This periodical is issued by the
Financial Management Association International and carries
many articles about current issues in corporate finance. You can receive this and other
items including Financial Management Collection by joining a student chapter of the
FMA. There is also a finance leaders conference each spring which allows students to meet
key financial officers from around the US. If you would like more information write to:
Financial Management Association, University of South Florida, College of Business
Administration, Tampa, FL 33620, (813) 974-2084.